Monday, March 10, 2008

First outdoor ride

Hey,



Yes that's right I finally braved the weather and rode outside. I'm a big weiner and I haven't even been running outside too long. I get cold easy so it takes me awhile to get outside. Today it was a balmy 10-11 degrees so I pumped myself up to ride after work. Thanks to the clock change it doesn't get dark so soon. I took my favorite path, it's a path going along the canal to chestermere. I shoulda known there would be construction..... sigh. There was last year too, for most of the summer. You could get around it last year, but you know how construction is it always takes forever. This year they decide to close it right off close to chestermere. I guess I'll be hittin the roads more. aughhh I really like that path as I don't have to ride on roads and don't have to worry about traffic at all. Anyways I managed to get around it going there, coming back I decided to just take the highway since I was running out of daylight. I knew it'd be close if I had no dismounting to get the whole planned route in. It was a good ride and I was plenty warm enough, I actually thought I'd be too warm at first. Later on I cooled off. Maybe I can go again tomorrow, I'll def. take another route. I'm not coughing lots so that's a plus, I do hear weazing though at times. 1:40 was the time with some stops, my computer wasn't working so I don't know the distance. Cheers,

Darryl

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Hey, first ride outside...I'm jealous:) Hopefully I'll get out there soon. Ha ha, I saw that canada shirt too. Thanks for all the support, happy training! Oh good work on the swimming, I wish I was as dedicated as you are to swimming!