Saturday, March 15, 2008

Dinner Time

Hey all you bloggers/lurkers,


I just wanted to share with you my nutritious and deliciousssssssssssss dinner that I had after my 2 hour run. I ended off quite hungry like I know I should be. Hunger after a workout is great, it makes you feel like you earnt it. Then I spent a few minutes in my car talkin to a few friends on the cell phone. You want to make sure you let your body recover at least 20 minutes or so before you get your post work out meal in. For best results wait till after 8pm and make sure it's the first big meal of the day. That way you're especially hungry and have no problem packing down the meal for the day and going to bed with a belly full of food. You're doing nothing in your sleep anyways may as well digest. /shrug Works for me. I'm kinda low of food in the house right now sooooo options, hmmmm I'm hungry what do I really crave??? That's right if you're gonna go out for food you gotta make it good. Make sure I get me enough calories in to cover the full 2 hour run.... and then some. I drove through the drive through, you guessed it MACDonalds!!!!!! Big mac combo for this boy, SUPERSIZED. Got home and wolfed the meal down. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm delicious, and nutritious too.

Ok kidding aside I did have mcdonalds today. I was pretty good(good for me at least) all week, then when the food gets low in the house and I get hungry and don't snack enough before the work out I can't resist the fast food. Oh well I guess it's not all bad, I hadn't had any for a while. Tomorrow's another day, off to the store for some fruit and veggies, almonds, whole wheat bread, I need peanut butter too, I actually don't mind the natural stuff. I don't make too many sacrifices for food, if its healthy and I can handle the taste may as well use it.
Holy crap that picture is gross.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If it makes you feel better,I had a mcd's cheese burger on Wed.I enjoyed it too,but I really enjoy 2 cheeseburgers after running a marathon.
It is snowing here today & any hopes of riding outside are GONE!!!Hopefully it will burn off quickly.
Enjoy the weekend,Cam.

i am Susan said...

That picture makes me never ever want to eat fast food again...THANKS!!!