Sunday, March 23, 2008

Ego check today

Hey all,

I had a pretty good riding week and yes my running had to take a back seat as the weather was soooo good. I did one indoor ride, but the rest was outdoors. That gave me 5 rides, 4 of them indoors. I'm so happy, I just wish we could keep up the good weather. I hear tomorrow will be good so I'll take it one day at a time and hopefully get some toe warmers/booties what ever you call em. Scratch that last sentence it looks like we may get some snow boooooooooooourns. Oh well no worries.

On to today's swim, Aquaman rocked the pool today. He's getting closer and closer to me, which is great, I'm super happy for the guy he's swimming so smooth and says he's getting more and more comfortable. However, I have to swallow my pride a bit. Today I challenged him, telling him to draft off of me for at least the pull parts today. He more then accepted the challenge and kept up for most of the work out. It's getting harder and harder to lap him during the work outs, he is one tough cookie. He has said, "I just don't want to fear the swim" and I'm willing to bet he's going to surprise a few people with his first Ironman Swim. GOOOO Aquamannnnnnn.

3 comments:

Susi said...

hey!

thanks for the deets about IMCDA. i know reading your post and checking out the maps will give me a better idea of what the scoop is beforehand. i'll have to drive it when i get out there as well.

have you driven or ridden the IMC route? if not, i can give you more deets about it. i have to admit though, my mind was a wee bit off during the run. :) it's a great course as well. i like to think of the bike route as a 'cycling tour of the okanagan vineyards'! LOL.

oh, and as you now know what a plank is, will you be joining in on the plank challenge?! mua ha haaaaaaa...

CurtisV said...

Great week on the bike D! Unfortunate that the week to come is supposed to be cooler. Thanks for leading me through the swim yesterday. I can't stress the value of a good training partner enough! It was very unselfish of you to lead me through the workout when you could have gone faster. All in all, it was a good Sunday! Thanks for the kind words as well, they mean a lot to me, especially when I see how tough you are in the pool.

Aquaman

Julie said...

So... now that you know all about planking, care to join the triathlon plank squad? LOL!!