Sunday, August 16, 2009

Already a day late

Hey,

Sorry didn't blog yesterday, but oh well we all knew I wouldn't be blogging EVERY day. But hey 2 days since my last post is better than 2 weeks. I've been taking it very easy lately, partly cause my motivation is petering out. I just need to hang on for a couple weeks. This weekend has been cool with more rain. I keep reminding myself that it's ok these workouts are just to maintain, it's ok if I have to ride on the trainer.

Friday:
Rode on the trainer for 1.75 hours. Did some intervals, not really hard intervals basically just shifting up for 5min, 5rest, then 6min/4rest, 7/3rest,8/2rest,9 then cooldown. Went to the pool with Lisa after that, late at night think 10pm I finally started my swim. Did a 1500 tt in 26:45, was pretty happy with that, I think my last one a couple months ago was in the 27s.

Sat:
Today Lisa and I were gonna go to Banff so I had to get my butt going. Still didn't get my run going till 1pm, but only did 90 min. Felt strong though, def went a bit quicker then the 2.5 hour runs in the past. Oh something that made me laugh during my run. I was cruising along one of the paths near fish creek park, not too much residential or streets near by. I could hear a siren in the distance wailing like they normally do, then just across the creek near the path I was running in the bushes a few coyotes started wailing back. It was clear they were trying to match the higher pitched EMS/Police siren. It was hilarious, I'd thought coyotes were smart???

Today I need to ride a lil longer, not sure what I'll do. It's only 15 degrees(I know I'm a wuss) and raining/hailing even. We'll see, might have to ride indoors again, ttyl

DP

3 comments:

Keith said...

Being forced indoors totally blows in August, but when the weather is this horrible, what else can we do?

Anonymous said...

rode outside here,It was around +22 & sunny!!!Have a good week,Cam.

Kelly B. said...

Trainers = BOO!!!

But you got it done so good on you...it will be SO worth it August 30th!!!