Saturday, August 22, 2009

Say Cheese!

Hey all,

Well that was a first. I went for a short ride today. Did some IM paced riding, etc. Nothing too hard, it was really a nice day. Not too hot, bit of wind, but not too much. As I was riding in on Glenmore trail, still outside of the city I had to stop at a light on 84th st. I think? Anyways as we start out again, this half ton pulls up beside me. Someone rolls down the window, I look over to see a young teenager girl with a big bright smile on her face as she pulls out the camera to take a picture of me!!! At first I was confused, what do I do? I could get mad, but then again what would that help and they didn't say a word to me, plus getting upset never really helps. Not like I'd be able to do anything about it anyways. So I do what any ego driven male would do, I get down on the aero bars and pose, strut my stuff!!! Head down, hands out, serious look on my face. So the truck speeds away and I'm left wondering who's myspace or facebook I'll appear on. What would the caption say?? Maybe somthing like, "Look at this dork in the lycra". FWIW I didn't have a race top on, only cycling shorts which were skin tight, but even so to the general public us cyclists don't look normal. My ride went well, with a 16min trans. run after. Felt solid, the weather was awesome too, can't beat it. Cheers,

DP

6 comments:

Trevor Oseen said...

Hilarious. Better than a big gulp.

Julie said...

Hahahahahahahahahahaha!!! Awesome attitude, Darryl! :) :) :)

Keith said...

Maybe you were just the most awesome hunk of manliness she had see all week. Think about what she could see of you before the truck pulled up. I would take that as a great big compliment!

i am Susan said...

Maybe she was taking a picture of your farmer tan :)

Kelly B. said...

you shoulda flexed a bicep and then kissed it...and then put the other one up and nod to it and say
"lightening"
and nod to the other and say
"thunder"...!!
Hahahahahahahaaaaaaa!!!

runningman said...

LOL Kelly! My skinny arms??