Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Blast from the past!


Hey all,

Here's a motivational picture, guess who?!?! Way back in 1995 I'd run a marathon relay where I did 4.5 miles. I saw the full marathoners and at that point decided I wanted to do the full thing 4 months later. There was no doing a 10k or a half marathon first, I knew I wanted to go long. I wanted to truely test myself and here was the perfect distance. My training consisted of reading magazines going out and running till I drop. FWIW I did understand the concept of the long run(although I basically just ran till I couldn't run anymore then walk the rest of the way home). and doing shorter runs between with some faster than others. That's it, I did ok finishing in 3:36 with some walk breaks and I remember hurting so bad at the finish it was unbearable.

DP

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

COOL PICTURE,I like to see old stuff like that & see how far We have come!!!
Thanks for the kind words on your last comment!!!AS for my swimming.I just got back from the pool & did 500 with the pull Buoy in 7:58 & then 500 with the pull & paddles in 8:09,But that one hurt a little.
I may have to suck it up & hang on for the last 800m or so,as I only have 3200m endurance this year...

Julie said...

The dawn of the Running Man!!

Those legs have carried you on quite a journey so far...

:) :)