Thursday, August 27, 2009

Day #2 IMC

What a beautiful day we had! I don't know the exact high around 30 give or take.
My mom just lovessss plants/flowers. At home she grows all sorts and spends most of her time outdoors.

There's your pose Kelly, not much for arms. lol You can see I also got the playoff beard happening. It got shaved today, don't want it burning on race day with all the salt residue. :P

Last minute instructions before our swim. I think we actually chatted more than swam. Ahhhh I love ironman weekend with friends!

Dinner at Saltys! Here is the gang, well most of us.

Here's Greg, Dusty, hmmm you know I never did get introduced to his gf, I don't even know her name. doh!
Had an awesome day out here. I was having 2 slight things that were worrying me a bit, not much, but a bit. I didn't want to say anything because I didn't want to think about them. The first, my hamstring was bothering me from a swim a couple weeks ago where my legs cramped up. Also I had some congestion on the way out. Well I'm happy to say the hamstring thing has gone away(wasn't that big a deal really) and the congestion thing is nearly gone with the help of my echinatia. For those of you that don't know it really works for colds you detect are coming. As long as you start taking it early enough with in a couple days it's GONE!
So today started at about 9:30, nice and early for me(not for some of you I know). It was nice out already and I went for a ride to OK falls and back. I needed 50min and that was perfect to get the time I needed. I included some IM paced stuff and added a 10 min run after. Then in a bit after getting Lisa to come pick me up from the hotel we went to the lake, met Cam there, and had a short swim. It was awesome catching up with this dude from Golden BC. I'm gonna tip you all off right here and now, this guy is going to have a good race, I can FEEEL it!! Keep an eye on his results. So after the swim we got registered, picked up a quick lunch there, bought some IM stuff and went home. Later on we met the IG grp at salty's for dinner. That was good, got to meet some old/new friends and chat some more. Saw Belinda Granger on the way back to the hotel, she was chatting it up with a volunteer. Looks like Penticton has become her second home. So we hung out here at the hotel and guess who pulls up in a car. It's JULIE!!! She's stayin in my hotel again, just like last year. I'm excited to see this gal race too, man is she ever gonna rock!!! She is so confident there is absolutely no room for self-doubt or denial. I asked her about the start, I'm debating going out a bit harder to get in with some better swimmers this year. Jeez after talking to her, I got no more doubt. I'm gonna quote her, I hope it's ok Julie(tell me and I'll take it off the blog) something like, "I'm gonna go balls out!!" referring to her swim start. Maybe I need to get on her feet?!?!?! Ok that's enough for today, gotta save some for tomorrow. night all,
DP

2 comments:

Connie Bradley said...

Have a great race, Darryl. I'll be following all of you on Sunday! Most importantly, have FUN out there - wish I were there to cheer on Team Legend participants.

IronGreg's Mom

Anonymous said...

Hey Buddy,

Sounds like you are having a great time! Enjoy the race lead-up and the time with Lisa, your mom and friends. Have an awesome race - the kind you have earned with all your hard training. Wish I was there...thanks for keeping us posted on this end - brings back good memories of 2008.

Take care,
Curtis...Aquaman next year!