Saturday, August 29, 2009

Day #3 IMC

Chillen on the beach and eating lunch. mmmm soft tacos, if you're ever in Penticton for the IM they make wicked soft tacos in the expo. It's in a cone shape, with chicken, beef, or jus veggie. Sooooo good.

The merchandise tent. Stay away from this place if you can help it. Very easy to spend a bunch, unless it's your first IM then it's a given you will spend your kids college tuition. :P
Hey there, I'll make this quick as it's 11:21 and I need to hit the sack. I've been busy gettin last minute things ready for the race. Today started fairly relaxed, but by the end I again feel like I'm late getting things ready. Ok we started the day going to the expo one more time. I needed to pick up a few small things that I'd missed, plus exchange my jersey for another size. After that we had lunch(yes we slept in today). No workouts, today was to be a day off of the training. We hung out on the beach for a bit and then went for a drive. I took Lisa and my mom up to Yellow lake, and then back down to OK falls so they know where to go when they are spectating sunday. Stopped for ice cream(none for me though :( ). Then went to the pasta dinner and race meeting. Nothing new there, got to sit with my good buddy Cam and his race buddies from Golden. Good little grp they got, hope everyone's ready to roll sunday.
One problem I have is my number belt. I left the one I normally use at home cause I bought a new one. It looked fine in the package but it's pretty much useless as it won't hold the number properly. I picked up another at bike barn on the way to the pasta dinner, brought it back here and found out there's a defect with this one.... So now I'm a little peeved I really don't think number belt's are that complicated are they??? Anywho too late to do anything about it now, will have to go back tomorrow return this one and try to find one that will work!! See what I mean by last minute prep and then running around town trying to sort it out? I also would like to get a small lil razor blade in case I need to cut the tire off should a flat happen. With tubulars it's often very hard to get the tire off since it's glued so it's often best just to cut the tire off. Oh well these are tiny stresses. I did see a cyclist and car stopped on the main street. The cyclist had a bandage on his arm and the police was writing a ticket out, I assume for the motorist? or maybe the cyclist?? Ok that's enough for today, time to hit the hay. Later all,
DP

7 comments:

Lisa Ulrich said...

No ice cream for you? You'll have to load up after the race! Best of luck on Sunday! Race smart and have fun!

Anonymous said...

Hey D,Rock that course on Sunday!!!Thanks again for the plug,I will do my best.Hope to see ya out there,Cam.

Chad Geiger said...

Best of luck Darryl. You've trained hard, now just do what your good at! We'll be following at home for sure!


Chad

Susi said...

DARRYL! total bummer i haven't seen you guys yet. big hugs to both of you. love the photos! no comment on the 'flex' one, LOL. so awesome.

have a GREAT race out there tomorrow. i expect you will be finishing just as i head out on the run. tee hee.

stay present!

Dano said...

I know you are going to kick ass tommorow Darryl! Have a good race bro!

Gord Penner said...

Watched your race splits on the web all day, and 100% of your Penner cousins were cheering you on. Congrats on another strong IM Darryl! Enjoy the break from training - you've trained at a torrid pace over the past while! Later buddy!

CurtisV said...

Awesome race buddy!

I am looking forward to hearing about your adventure. Nice PR...you are getting better at all 3 disciplines every race. Enjoy the down-time...recharge...then we can start training for IMCDA 2010.

Take care,
Curtis